A traffic accident can have a devastating effect on your future. When you are seriously injured, it can take many months of treatment to recover and the cost can be overwhelming. While other people may be sympathetic at first, they eventually move on, while you continue to struggle with medical bills, not being able to return to work, emotional trauma, long-term health problems, and other financial worries. After a child is bitten by a dog—as you fight for the treatment and compensation your child needs—many people stop caring. When you work with the Scott Ray Law Firm, however, we will not leave you alone to fight this battle. We will be by your side to help you recover from this life-altering event.
Personal Injury Cases We Accept
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in an accident that was not your fault, you may be owed compensation from the negligent or careless person who caused the accident. Personal injury claims most often arise from motor vehicle accidents, but we also see a number of dog bite claims each year. Our attorney has over 30 years of experience with the following types of claims:
- Car accidents. Fender benders happen all the time in Lawton and the surrounding towns, but when another driver causes a crash that leaves you seriously injured, you need an attorney who will fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Pedestrian accidents. It is always a driver’s responsibility to avoid hitting pedestrians. If you are hit by a car while crossing the street, walking through a parking lot, or on a sidewalk, the driver should be held liable for your injuries.
- Drunk driving accidents. Drunk or drugged drivers are not only criminally liable when they cause an accident, they are also liable for the financial damages they cause, including your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses when you are injured.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycles are popular in our part of the state, but that doesn’t mean drivers of cars are tuned into them. If you are hit while riding your motorcycle, you may have suffered serious and permanent injuries. Our lawyer has experience handling these special cases and will fight for the life-long medical care you may need.
- Dog bites. As long as you or your child is not trespassing when you are attacked by a dog, that dog’s owner is liable for the damage caused by the bite. Not every personal injury attorney accepts dog bite claims, but the Scott Ray Law Firm would be happy to review your case.
We believe that every accident case is unique and deserves the time and attention of an attorney. Scott Ray does not pass his cases on to paralegals or claims adjusters. If he takes your case, he will dedicate himself to fighting for the maximum possible settlement on your behalf.
Small Town Lawyer With Big Insurance Experience
Attorney Scott Ray worked as an insurance company defense attorney for over 20 years before starting his personal injury practice in Lawton. He knows the tactics adjusters use to try to lower the value of your claim and he knows how to counter those tactics. He is dedicated to helping the “little guy” win against Big Insurance and will do all he can to help you get the recovery you need when you have been seriously injured.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Not every car accident victim needs a personal injury attorney. When you meet with us in a free initial consultation, we will look at the facts of your accident and only accept your case if we believe we can help you. Scott Ray works on a contingency basis. This means you won’t owe us a penny until we win for you. When you call us or fill out the form on this page, you have nothing to lose. You can trust that we will be honest with you from day one. If you were injured in an accident that was not your fault, meet with us today. We are here for you!