Financial Recover for Hit and Run Car Crashes

If you're the victim of a hit-and-run accident and the responsible party isn’t identified or caught, you still have a good chance to recover financially if you have a valid insurance policy with uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM) coverage.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage in Oklahoma

UM coverage typically only compensates for injuries to you and your passengers in the event that you are hurt by an uninsured driver, an underinsured driver, or in a hit-and-run accident. It doesn't usually cover damage to your vehicle—that would fall under your collision policy.

Some UM policies may also cover additional expenses related to the accident, such as compensation for the time spent away from work during the recovery process or restitution for the pain and suffering you endured as a result of your injuries. Check with your insurance agent to go over the details of your UM policy.

Though UM coverage isn't required by law in Oklahoma, insurance agents must offer it to you as an option when you first sign up for a policy. If you don’t have UM coverage, now is the time to consider adding it. You can't sign up for it after a hit-and-run accident with the hopes of obtaining financial recovery for that incident.

Get Legal Help After a Hit-and-Run Accident

Scott Ray is a small-town attorney who proudly serves Lawton and other Oklahoma communities in an assertive, big-city way. He has decades of experience dealing with insurance companies from both sides and knows all the tactics they use to unfairly reduce the value of claims for people injured in collisions.

Reach out by phone, email, or the contact form on this page to arrange a free initial consultation, and learn how Scott can help you and your family begin the recovery process.

Get Help Now