If my insurance company is acting in bad faith, what damages can I recover?


A: If a jury finds that your insurance company acted in bad faith, you may be able to recover all proven damages that naturally flowed from the bad faith. For example, if your credit was injured because of your insurance company's bad faith, you could recover damages to your credit. You may also be able to recover emotional distress damages. In an appropriate case, you may also be able to recover punitive or exemplary damages to punish the insurance company and to make other insurance companies think twice before acting in bad faith.