I was just involved in an auto accident. The accident was not my fault. Should I contact my insurance company?


A: If you or one of your passengers were injured, you definitely should report the accident to your insurance company if you have uninsured motorist coverage, medical payments coverage or coverage that applies to your vehicle. Even if the at-fault party claims to have insurance coverage, there are many times when the insurance coverage is denied. Your uninsured motorist coverage would then be triggered. Your medical payments coverage will also be triggered to help with your medical bills, even if you have health insurance. An experienced Oklahoma personal injury law firm, such as the Scott Ray Law Firm, can assist you in recovering your losses and injuries and can help with your insurance coverage questions. Most importantly, contact an experienced accident attorney now!